2021 was a very challenging year to say the least. Heck, it’s the first time everyone navigated a pandemic! Although there were some very low lows, last year truly made me appreciate the little things and to always be grateful. It also gave us back so much more TIME. Being able to work from home for a majority of the year has been the biggest blessing for me. I’ve been able to spend more time with Taylor and Fitz and my immediate family!
Looking back at my goals for 2020 (which you can read here) I realized I was able to achieve a lot of them, so I’m pretty proud! I got to spend more quality time with Taylor and Fitz, learned to bake a new dessert, I collaborated with my first brand on TikTok and I got over my fear of being judged and posted more on IG Stories! And I hope to build off of those achievements in 2021!
- Unplug more – this will forever be a goal of mine! I need to be intentional of when I’m just aimlessly scrolling on my phone and put it down and do something more productive
- Check in on loved ones more – most of the time everyone reaches out to me first, so I need to take the initiative and reach out to them. I don’t always need a specific reason to reach out to someone, I can just check in on them to see how they’re doing
- Do laundry more frequently – we are the WORST about laundry. We let our dirty laundry pile up until we have several loads to do all at once. We should commit to a specific day to do laundry every week so we don’t get too far behind
- Be consistent with a skincare routine – I will be the first to admit that I haven’t taken care of my skin that well. A majority of the time I just use a makeup removing wipe and a moisturizer and that’s it. I need to cleanse, tone, treat and moisturize my skin (all of the steps) instead of being lazy.
- Read/listen to a book – Last year was the first year in a while that I finished a book! I listened to the audio book for The Silent Patient at the beach and it was so good! I’d like to continue that this year as well because most of the time I just want to listen to podcasts.
- Learn some sign language – I’m not ever expecting to become fluent in this since I don’t really have a way to practice with someone, but I’d love to learn a little!
- Get in more of a routine throughout the week working on my blog, IG and TikTok – I need to start planning ahead instead of doing everything last minute. I would ideally like to write 1 blog post a week and post an IG pic to my feed at least 2-3x week.
- Try to relax/be more of myself on IG Stories – I got over the initial fear of being judged by at least posting almost daily last year, but I need to stop second guessing myself and let things be more organic. I don’t always have to re-record if it isn’t perfect.
- Share more of my day to day life than just sales and clothes.
- Start reaching out and pitching to brands on my own – I’ve never pitched a brand, the only collaborations I’ve gotten have come from the brand reaching out to me.
Here’s to 2021 and hoping that we all continue to work on our goals throughout the year! And hopefully there’s a light at the end of this pandemic tunnel for us! Cheers!