Wow. Can’t believe I’m already writing my goals for this next year!!! 2019 flew by! There were a lot of ups and a lot of downs, but overall I was blessed with good health, a job, a roof over my head, food on the table and clothes on my back. So I was very fortunate. Remember to always count your blessings y’all!
I took a look back at my goals from last year (which you can read in my blog post here) and I just have to smile…and laugh. I was able to accomplish a couple, but let’s just say there were a lot that I will continue to work on throughout this year 😉 So I’ll be keeping some of my older ones as well as adding new ones.
- Unplug more – I think this is something everyone nowadays struggles with. This will probably always be a goal to work on as long as social media exists!
- Stay in touch/Reach out More – As I’ve gotten older I’ve become the worst texter/caller! When I was in high school/college I felt like I was always messaging someone and responding to them. Going forward I’m going to try and respond to my tests/calls sooner and also take the initiative and reach out to someone just to catch up and see how they’re doing.
- Give people grace – I saw that another blogger’s word for the year was Grace and I loved it! Don’t be so quick to judge and criticize others and yourself.
- Spend more quality time with my husband and our dog, Fitz – I get so busy with my 9-5 job (more like 9-6,7,8 job) as well as my blog/IG that I feel like I don’t spend enough quality time with them throughout the week. I would love to go out on more dates with Taylor and taking Fitz on more walks and outings when it gets warmer.
- Learn to bake a new dessert – I love baking so I want to find something new and become a master at preparing the dish! I got the Joanna Gaines cookbook for Christmas this year and plan to put that to good use!
- Post more to IG Stories – this was a goal of mine last year that I didn’t really accomplish. I need to get over my anxiety and fear of being judged and just do it!
- Get in more of a routine throughout the week working on my blog.
- Grow my Pinterest account – I started a profile on Pinterest last year but I really need to fine tune it and work on my content.
- Collaborate with my first brand – I wasn’t able to do this last year but I hope that in 2020 I’m able to collaborate with a brand that I love!
Here’s to 2020 and hoping that we all continue to work on our goals throughout the year! Cheers!