Hope y’all are enjoying a fabulous New Year so far! I’ve been crazy busy! January is normally one of the busiest months out of the year at my 9-5 job, so right now I feel like I don’t have enough hours in the day to do all the things that I would love to do, but I’m doing the best I can!
Setting goals for yourself and working hard to achieve them is one of the most rewarding feelings, so I wanted to share my goals for this year on the blog with y’all. Not only will it hold me accountable, but maybe it could give you some inspiration too! Some goals are more professional/blog-related and some are personal.
- Post at least once a day on IG – I know this isn’t 100% feasible all the time, but when I can, I’d love to post on IG at least once a day.
- Write 3 blog posts a week – Towards the end of last year before I was accepted into reward style, I was writing 5 blog posts a week. I definitely was over-working myself and still feel the burnout from it, so I wanted to set a more realistic goal this year.
- Post more to IG Stories – This is probably going to be one of the hardest ones for me. I struggle so much to post to stories. Sometimes I feel like I don’t have enough time to produce quality content and sometimes I feel like my life isn’t entertaining enough. I need to learn to not be so harsh on myself, let my guard down and hit record.
- Reach 5K followers on IG – I’d love to grow my following and connect with more people in the community. Before I got into fashion blogging myself, I was always so thankful to bloggers for making me aware of great sales/deals and giving me outfit inspiration to step up my closet game. And I hope I can help people in the same way.
- Partner with a brand – It would be so amazing to work with a partner whose products I love. This is definitely one of my loftier goals, but shoot for the stars, right?
- Read 2 books – I know two books in an entire year may seem laughable to some people, but I didn’t finish a single book last year. I feel like podcasts took the place of reading a book/listening to an audio book last year, so I need to get back into it.
- Unplug more – This will ALWAYS be on the list. It’s hard in today’s day in age to unplug and stop staring at a screen. I work on social media during my 9-5 job as well as for this blog, so it makes it even more of a challenge. But I need to set aside some time before bed and not be on my laptop or phone so I can unwind and relax.
- Go on more dates with my husband! 🙂 – This is my favorite goal on my whole list! One of the most interesting pieces of marriage/relationship advice I heard was to never stop dating your spouse/significant other. Don’t you just love that advice?! I’d love to have a date night once a week, but I know that isn’t always realistic so I just want to have as many date nights as we can.
Last year my goals for the blog were to reach 1,000 followers organically on IG and get accepted into the reward style program – and both happened! Let’s hope to reaching our goals in 2019!
Now on to my outfit!
This oversized cable turtleneck sweater is so incredibly cute! When I look at it, I think of cozying up to a fire after a day spent in the mountains. It’s also very oversized so it’s practically made to wear with leggings. I wore it with jeans and some over the knee boots and it was such an effortless outfit to put together. It isn’t made out of a very thick material so I wouldn’t expect this sweater to keep you warm in really cold temps, but it’s so cozy!
As far as sizing goes, I stuck with my normal size small and it fits great. Just keep in mind that it’s supposed to have an oversized look, so if you want a more fitted look I’d size down. This sweater comes in 5 colors and right now it’s on sale for $25 which is a steal because it’s normally $60!
I’m linking everything pictured below! Thanks for stopping by and I look forward to an amazing 2019!