Hello Blog World! My name is Makenzie and I’m so excited to start this lifestyle blog. After following so many bloggers for so long, I felt like I wanted to join in on the fun and create one myself. I’ve missed having a way to creatively express myself and I knew a blog would be the perfect fit. I’m also a very nostalgic person (I’m one of the rare people who actually enjoys watching old home videos on VHS tapes) and I thought that it would be nice to have an online diary of my life – especially since I’m getting married and I get to travel a lot more this year!
So, who am I?
Let me introduce myself with 10 interesting facts:
- I’m a Disney nerd. Ever since I was little I’ve always loved anything Disney and when I was in college I got to work at Disney World on the Disney College Program. It’s still the best job I ever had!
- I’m a diehard UGA fan. I’ve grown up and lived in Georgia most of my life and was raised a bulldog. It’s also where I graduated college and met my fiancé, Taylor. GO DAWGS!!!
- I hate icebreakers! I’m not the best at public speaking in general, but I’ve always found icebreakers pointless. Also, this picture perfectly sums up how I felt in school.
- I love reality tv…and yes, I’m completely aware that it’s trashy, but I still love it. #KhloeAndKimAreMyFavorites
- I also enjoy me some good ol’ HGTV. I would never turn down a Fixer Upper marathon.
- I feel like I know too much about celebrities/pop culture – I can thank my mom for that!
- I’m afraid of the dark. And whenever I do watch anything scary, you can bet I’m falling asleep with the tv on that night (probably playing a happy Disney movie).
- I love food. And I know a lot of people say that, but I really do. I’m always thinking about my next meal and I hide my leftovers from my family (anyone else have family members who will eat your food before you get to it? lol).
- I like to cook but I really really don’t like going to the grocery store. I’m still trying to learn how to cook because growing up we ate out a lot and my diet in college consisted of pizza and Taco Bell. Whoops.
- As of right now….and I’m afraid to admit this….but I don’t like wine. 😱 I’m trying to force myself to like it though – cause gosh darn it, when I travel abroad, I can’t pass up an opportunity to enjoy some Italian wine.
Anyways, thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog! If you have anything specific that you would like me to blog about, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me!