In my family, my mom is in charge of the turkey/ham and the rest of us each get to pick one side dish (there’s only 5 of us total so it doesn’t get out of hand haha). And either Taylor or myself always chooses Jalapeño Creamed Corn. It’s not your traditional Thanksgiving side dish – but honestly that’s never bothered us!
And don’t let the ‘jalapeño’ part scare you – the jalapeños create zip, NOT heat. Kids even eat this and love it! But if you’d like it more spicy, just add more jalapeños.
It’s so delicious you’ll want to eat it all year long! And once you make it, you’ll be asked to bring this to every dinner you go to.
Jalapeno Creamed Corn
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) of butter, room temperature
- 8 oz of cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 cups of sharp cheddar cheese (we use 1 cup sharp & 1 cup Mexican cheese)
- 3 jalapeños, seeded and finely diced or more if you like some heat! (We use 3-4 TBSP of Mt. Olive Diced Jalapeño Peppers)
- 3 cans (11 oz each) of white shopper corn, drained
- Mix all ingredients together in a 13×9 pan.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 45 minutes
- Stir again before serving and enjoy!
What’s your favorite Thanksgiving side dish? I hope you have a wonder Turkey Day spent with your loved ones – either in person or virtually!
Be sure to check out my Gift Guides here if you need any ideas!